The Cardiovascular Suite
Cooley Dickinson Hospital’s cardiovascular services are led by top-ranked physicians who are experts in noninvasive, invasive, diagnostic and therapeutic methods of caring for heart disease. Our expert team of physicians, along with Cooley Dickinson’s caring and professional nurses and support staff, provide patients with the best in cardiac care, rehabilitation, and education.
Cooley Dickinson offers a wide variety of cardiovascular services at its main campus in Northampton, utilizing advanced and innovative technologies, treatments and techniques.
Our cardiovascular program includes the state-of-art Cardiovascular Suite, Critical Care/Coronary Care Unit, Telemetry Unit, Diagnostic Cardiology, Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation, Anticoagulation Clinic and Interventional Radiology.
- Critical Care/Coronary Care Unit is where patients with serious heart problems and other complex medical conditions are monitored and receive specialized care provided by teams of highly skilled nurses, physician specialists, intensivists (physicians trained in the care of acutely ill patients) and dedicated support staff.
- Telemetry Unit is designed for patients who require “’round-the-clock” heart-monitoring, using the latest technology to measure, record, and transmit heart activity.
- Diagnostic Cardiology is provided on an outpatient basis including electrocardiograms (EKGs), standard and transesophageal echocardiography, Holter monitoring, stress testing, and routine and nuclear imaging.
- Our Cardiovascular Suite serves patients who need services such as diagnostic cardiac catheterizations, implantable pacemakers and defibrillators, heart rhythm studies, cardiac ablations and peripheral vascular studies and vascular interventions. In addition to offering state-of-the-art cardiovascular equipment, the suite environment meets the same strict air flow requirements and standards for sterilization as our operating room suites.
- The Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Program is designed for patients who have had a heart attack, angioplasty, coronary bypass or valve surgery, or who suffer from angina, congestive heart failure (CHF) or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Our newest service, the CDH Anticoagulation Clinic, opened in February, 2008. The Clinic provides services for patients who take Coumadin (a blood thinner). Anne Messier, RN provides finger-stick blood tests and interpretation, dosage adjustments and patient education. The Clinic is located in the Cardiology Deaprtment. For information or appointments, call 582-2816.
- Interventional Radiology has been offered at CDH since the Fall of 2006. This sub-specialty utilizes the Cardiovascular Suite and other advanced imaging technology to assess and treat diseases of the vascular system.
- More information on our team of cardiovascular physicians is also available.
For more information about our programs and services, contact Bruce Moore, RN, Manager of Cardiovascular Diagnostics and Interventional Services.