Cooley Dickinson is proud to offer scholarship funding through the following named funds:
- Cooley Dickinson School of Nursing Alumni Association Fund
- Edward S. Moss Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Therese Connor Nursing Education Fund
- Louise Finn Nursing Scholarship Fund
Thank you for your interest. We welcome applications and essays through Monday, April 15, 2013. Click here to apply.
CDH School of Nursing Alumni Association Scholarship
The Nursing Alumni Scholarship, established as a named scholarship fund in 2004, is awarded each year to a deserving senior attending either Northampton High School or Smith Vocational and Agricultural High School who is pursuing a career in nursing.
The 2012 recipient of the Nursing Alumni Scholarship, Megan Shain, sits next to Alumni Association Officer Eileen Baker. Also pictured are, from left, Joyce Brigham, and Margaret 'Peg' Mansfield.
Edward S. Moss Memorial Scholarship
Endowed in 1966, the Edward S. Moss Memorial Scholarship was established by U.S. Senator Edward M. Kennedy in memory of Edward Moss, an aide to Senator Kennedy, who was killed in a plane crash in Southampton in 1964. Click here to read a news article about Edward Moss.
The intent of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance to a current Cooley Dickinson employee who is either currently accepted or currently enrolled full time in an accredited school of nursing, working to complete an associate's degree, a three-year diploma, a bachelor's degree or a master's degree in nursing.
Therese Connor Nursing Education Endowed Fund
Beginning in 2010, financial assistance is available on an annual basis to registered nurses at Cooley Dickinson through the Therese Connor Nursing Education Endowed Fund as follows:
- The nursing professional must currently be certified in the Oncology field to renew his/her certification (first preference), or to continue further education in Oncology.
- The nursing professional must be beginning, engaged in or completing course work for certification in Oncology.
- In the absence of qualified individuals described above, nursing professionals seeking certification in another specialty area or renewal of existing certification would qualify.
This fund is named in memory of Therese Connor, a nurse who worked at CDH for many years.
Louise Finn Nursing Scholarship
Now in its fourth award year, the Louise Finn Nursing Scholarship will be awarded to a child of a current Cooley Dickinson Health Care employee who is pursuing a career in nursing and is either currently accepted at or currently enrolled in a local, accredited school of nursing, working to complete an associate's degree, a three-year diploma, a bachelor's degree, or a master's degree in nursing.
This scholarship is named in recognition of Louise Finn, a maternal and infant care nurse at Cooley Dickinson Hospital for more than 54 years.
Above, Christina Benigno, second from right, stands with Stanley Finn, husband of Louise Finn, the scholarship's namesake. Also pictured are Christina's parents, Sandy and Joe, with CDH President/CEO Craig Melin.
If you are interested and eligible, you are invited to complete an application and write a 250- to-500-word essay.
In 250-500 words, discuss the following:
• Why you have chosen to begin/advance your professional education in the nursing/medical field
• How your goals demonstrate your commitment to health care and the community
• Why you would like to be the recipient of the scholarship(s)
• What is your relationship with Cooley Dickinson
Submit your completed application no later than Monday, April 15, 2013, and should be mailed to:
Cooley Dickinson Hospital
ATTN: Linda Medeiros
P.O. Box 329
Northampton, MA 01061-0329
Completed applications may also be submitted via e-mail to:
Scholarship decision will be made by June 28, 2013. Anyone with questions should call the Cooley Dickinson Development Office at (413) 582-2255 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in Cooley Dickinson Hospital Nursing Scholarships!
2013 Application Form and Scholarship Overview
Nursing Scholarships Application and Overview_2013final - 2.pdf
Nursing Scholarships Application and Overview_2013final.docx