"Treating our families, friends, neighbors and community is our privilege."
The Cooley Dickinson Hospital Radiation Therapy Department has put together this information packet to provide you with basic information and directions to the department for your first visit. Please feel free to contact us at (413) 582-2107 if you have any additional questions or concerns before your first appointment.
Important Information About Your First Appointment:
- Your initial consultation may last from 1 to 3 hours.
- If you are unable to keep this appointment please call 582-2107 to reschedule.
- You are encouraged to bring a family member or a friend with you to you appointment.
- Please remember to bring all of your insurance cards.
- Please bring a list of your current medications (including vitamins or supplements and any over-the-counter medications) with dose and frequency.
We encourage you to take advantage of our FREE (no fee, no tipping) Valet Parking. It is available at the "Main Entrance" from 6:30 am to 4:30 pm, and at the "North Building / Kittredge Surgery Center Entrance" from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm. You may also self-park at any of the designated patient parking areas.
When you arrive at Cooley Dickinson Hospital for your appointment:
- Proceed to the Radiation Therapy Department. If you need assistance with a wheel chair please check with information desk at any of the designated entrances.
- Directions to the Radiation Therapy Department from the hospital entrances.
During your first appointment:
- You will meet with an oncology social worker.
- You will meet with the radiation oncology nurse.
- You will meet with Dr. Chong or Dr. Bornstein, the radiation oncologists.
- Dr. Chong or Dr. Bornstein will review your records, give you an examination and discuss his/her recommendations with you.
- If the doctor requires additional diagnostic information, the front office staff will schedule the appointments for you before you leave.
Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions at (413) 582-2107.