Cooley Dickinson Hospital is pleased to fund a pilot project that will prepare local school districts in Hampshire County to implement the Prevention Needs Assessment Survey in the spring of 2015.
About this grant
Through its Healthy Communities Committee, Cooley Dickinson Hospital seeks to fund a project to prepare participating school districts to implement the Prevention Needs Assessment Survey. A link to website describing the survey may be found at http://www.bach-harrison.com
Applicants must describe their plan to prepare participating school districts to implement the survey. The plan must include:
• A logistics and communication plan including timeline
• Identification of materials each school district will need such as teacher training, parent letters, student instructions, etc.
• A training/instructional plan for school personnel
A $2,000 grant will support this project.
View health assessment results and reports here.
Who can apply?
We are interested in receiving applications from a non-profit provider with knowledge of public health evidence-based youth substance abuse prevention models and expertise with the Prevention Needs Assessment Survey. The applicant must have strong facilitation, presentation, and training experience.
Complete a cover sheet for each proposal. Alll applicants must submit typed responses to the following questions. Please copy and paste the questions below into your word processing program in the order shown here:
All Applicants must submit typed responses to the following. Please include questions and answers in the order shown here:
1. Who is your organization and what are you planning to do?
2. Who is your target population and how many will benefit from your project?
3. Describe organizational strengths and capacity that will lead to a successful project(s)?
4. Describe local data that supports the need that you will meet in this project.
5. Who will be involved and who will you partner with to optimize funds, community participation and reach your goals?
6. As a result of this project, what will change? How will you measure results?
7. How will positive outcomes be sustained after the grant ends?
Please include a budget and the time frame in which the money is to be spent, including other revenue resources that will support this pilot project.
Please keep your response to these questions to a 4-page limit. The budget and a project implementation plan chart are additional.
Please identify a key contact person for follow-up.
Submitting your Proposal
Questions may be e-mailed by Dec. 20, 2013 to Jeff Harness for response.
Applications are due Jan. 17, 2014; e-mail your application to Jeff Harness. All applications will receive an email confirmation of receipt. If you do not receive a receipt in 48 hours, please call 413-582-2035.
Applications will be reviewed by the Healthy Communities Committee with award notification by Feb. 5, 2014.
Grant funding ends Sept. 30, 2014.
All pilot project recipients will participate in an evaluation process to be determined by the Healthy Communities Committee.
The Healthy Communities Committee will review your Application answers and will weigh and balance the following criteria:
• Ability to lower barriers to healthcare access
• Values all cultures
• Ability to offer marked improvement to quality of community life
• Uses local data to identify needs and solutions
• Uses evidence-based approach to accomplish goal
• Sustainability of positive work
End of Pilot Project Reporting
A three-page final report must be submitted by Oct. 31, 2014. It must answer:
• What were the results of your project? Did your project change from your initial proposal? If yes, how?
• Did the project reach its goals and objectives?
• What outcome data can you show as a result of this funding? What has actually changed or been improved?
• Do you plan to continue your project? If yes, what types of support do you need?
Cooley Dickinson Hospital • 30 Locust St. (Route 9), Northampton, Mass. • (413) 582-2000